Ndevr Environmental have built our business on audit and reporting services for mandatory and voluntary environmental programs such as the:
- National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) scheme
- Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF), previously the Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI)
- National Pollutant Inventory (NPI)
- National Carbon Offset Scheme (NCOS)
- Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET)
- Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) in NSW, and
- Renewable Energy Target Exemption Certificate Applications
Our lead auditor Matt Drum is one of the most highly accredited and experienced Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditors (RGEAs) in Australia, with Category 1 (technical and non-technical), 2, 3 and CFI accreditation via the Clean Energy Regulator. Supported by our technical audit specialists we have worked across all sectors of the carbon and energy intensive economy.
Our reporting services include:
- Inventory and system design and implementation
- Data collection, verification and production of compliance reports
- Audit defence and development of guidelines and procedures
We work across all sectors of the carbon and energy intensive economy, and our unique mix of policy and technical skills ensure your compliance reports are accurate, complete, transparent and defensible.
NGER, ERF/CFI Audits
We provide assurance under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Audit Determination 2009, ASAE3000 and ASAE3410 for clients wishing to undertake voluntary audits as part of their risk control and governance measures, or those required to do so by legislation.
The table below outlines the mandatory audit requirements for liable entities under compliance based carbon and energy programs.
|Program / Legislation||Threshold / Requirement||Level of Assurance||Due Date|
|Renewable Energy (Electricity) Act 2000|
Application for Partial Exemption Certificates (PECs)
|Must be an EITE activity consuming more than 15,000 MWh PECs||Reasonable||30 March|
|Emissions Reduction Fund/ Carbon Farming Initiative Act 2011||Scheme Participants; initial and subsequent audits||Reasonable||At the end of reporting period and before submitting application for ACCU's|
|National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007||As initiated by the Clean Energy Regulator (CER)||Reasonable, Limited and Verification||As required and communicated to the audited body by the CER|
ESS, VEET, NCOS, RET Exemption Certificate Audits
Energy Savings Scheme (ESS) and the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET)
Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs) under the ESS are required to undertake audits to validate the process and verify the quantity of certificates claimed while Liable Entities require an audit of their annual statement.
Relevant Entities under the VEET scheme are required to ensure their statement or return is audited in accordance with the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target Guidelines which provides assurance over the claimed greenhouse gas reduction rates.
National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS) Audits
Organisations that wish to become carbon neutral under the Australian Government’s National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS) require their baseline application and biennial reports to be audited to a level of reasonable assurance. We are experienced practitioners in the NCOS space undertaking; audits, feasibility studies and carbon measurement, reporting and reduction activities under the scheme.
Exemption Certificate Audits
Under the Renewable Energy Target companies undertaking Energy Intensive Trade Exposed (EITE) activities are eligible to receive exemption certificates. An audit report is required to accompany an Exemption Certificate Application if it covers more than 15,000 MWh for the application year.
To learn more please get in touch via our Contact Us page.
ISO14001 Management System
The ISO14001 Management System provides practical tools for companies and organisations looking to manage their environmental responsibilities. The ISO14001 standard is a systematic approach to handling environmental issues within an organisation and include the following key benefits:
- Understanding, monitoring and control of your organisations environmental impacts and aspects
- A process for identification of environmental legislation and compliance evaluation
- Cost savings in regards to energy usage, emissions reductions and minimisation of waste products
- Demonstrates to customers, stakeholder and community groups your organisations commitment to the environment.
- Improved employee engagement and morale with the knowledge they are working for a company that is committed to continuously improving its environmental performance.
In September 2015 the ISO14001:2004 management system was updated to the ISO14001:2015 management system and now includes an increased emphasis on leadership, strategic planning, consideration of sustainable resource use and climate change risk management, communication, and a lifecycle thinking approach. Organisations have three years to transition to the new standard.
Ndevr Environmental have trained consultants that can assist your organisation with the implementation of your ISO14001 management system including:
- Desktop review of existing policies and procedures including conducting a gap analysis against the ISO14001 standard
- Assist with the identification and compliance of your organisations legal requirements
- Provide on-site assistance and support during certification audits
- Participate as an auditor in your organisations internal audit program
If you would like further information please contact Katherine Simmons to find out how Ndevr Environmental can help your organisation.